Welcome To The Toy Cupboard



Our Toy Cupboard is stocked with treasured memories from cherished teddy bears, stuffed animals and other well-loved toys of yesteryear. It is always open, so please feel free to browse around.

Hopefully the stories found upon our shelves will unlock a memory or two about a beloved stuffed animal or special toy from your childhood. If you'd like to contribute to our collection of Toy Stories, click here!


Oh and by the way...we old bears just love comments!


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Drowsey!

Hello! LOL!

I landed under a little girl's Christmas Tree long, long ago in a place far, far away (well, it was about 1970 in Canada).

From the start I could tell I was going to like this little girl, mostly because she was so darn cute. Plus she had lots of love to give a little doll like me.

Back in those days I could talk and say stuff like, "I want another glass of water" and “I’m sleepy”. The little girl was really good at imitating me too, which was funny.

I can't talk anymore because of an unfortunate bath the little girl gave me. Oh well, I was dirty and my hair was all messed up. Losing my voice was just the price I paid for her not understanding my internal mechanical mechanisms.

As the little girl got older she forgot about me and one day I was packed into a box and put in the basement for about 15 years! Freedom came one glorious day when the little girl’s mom opened the box and saw me. I brought back happy memories and she took me upstairs and sat me in a rocking chair in a pretty room with lots of sunshine.

As time went on I got to see all the comings and goings in the busy house. But one day everyone moved away and it was just me and the furniture left behind. We didn't understand why. Years went by. It was very quiet and sad.

Finally, one day the grown-up little girl walked in! When she saw me she was so surprised and happy! She hugged me and laughed and then said something about me smelling funny … and apparently my hair was all messed up again!

So she gave me a bath and I was ever so happy! She made sure I was all pretty and even found a pair of pyjamas her mom had made and put them on me and … ohhh they were so comfy, even if they were a bit big.

Then, just when I thought I was going to be packed into a box again she put me on the dash of the car (see the photo above) and took me on a long road trip to her home!

Yay! LOL!

Now here I am (without my jammies) sitting next to her computer where she writes her blog. She tells me I'm her inspiration. Cool!

~This Toy Story submitted by Drowesy of DrowseyMonkey

12 comments:

Busy Bear said...

Hmmmmm.....I was hoping she'd finally tell us all about that "mysterious brown spot" on her foot!

crpitt said...

This doll is too happy, I want more tales of horror and woe!

SnOwY bEaR said...

maybe drowsey could talk to raggedy .... it may cheer her up

:-)

Grumpy Ted said...

I think Raggedy just wants to be left alone ....... quite frankly I don't blame her

SnOwY bEaR said...

Grumpy ... well I certainly wouldn't recommend you you chatting to her...... hee hee

Grumpy Ted said...

I can be quite amusing actually ....

SnOwY bEaR said...

I know I have seen you dance :-)

MYM said...

I am a happy doll because the human I live with is so phenomenal. But she's also very clumsy, hence the unfortunate coffee stain on my foot!

She really needs to bath me again!

Anonymous said...

Aw. Im sorry a bath ruined her speaking capabilities but I am happy ya'll have been reunited!!

and yeah...what is that spot on her foot? Maybe you can tell us in the next post?

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Don't have another bath!!!!..... your speech might come back .....

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ok Ok I get it, Canada is COLD, just look at how many layers the doll had in the first picture.

Erick said...

So THIS is the elusive doll I see on DrowseyMonkey's profile. So adorkable. LOL.